Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 1 Arriving to Dallas Texas

Getting up at 5:50am was a tad bit of a struggle today but I'm still up and awake :)
Today was mainly travel which I don't mind :) we went from Bradley to Maryland. I sat between a man that didn't want to look out the window even though he had a window seat and a woman that read the whole time. It wasn't awful I kept to myself and made bracelets :)
I liked the Maryland airport it was lovely.. Lots of restaurants and things to look at :)

The second plane we stopped in Alabama for a hot second and then came to Texas. I sat next to a chatty Cathy man with was fun because he was from Texas :) I got my interview in wooo:)he lived in Houston and  Austin for a good portion if his life. Hr has a wife and they adopted a daughter from China; her name is Abby and she is ten years old. She is a competitive cheerleader, soccer player, wants to be a doctor and she is an artist. He told me about the city of sunsets which is just different levels of decks where you can watch the sunset. I would sooooooo love to go there! I love sunrises and sunsets! He told me I came to the right place to eat! He said the texmex is exquisite and the sushi is good too! I'm sure not everyone on the trip wants sushi but being on the trip is stepping out of your comfort zone!!!! He said I should come back when I am 21 because Texas makes the best margaritas! He talked about a jalapeño one... Interesting! And he truly knows... He's been almost everywhere in the United States but the northeast. I advised him to come up during the fall :) he was so very sweet! He knew all of the history and pronounced the j instead of an h because its Spanish. This behavior I was expecting.

We got to the hotel and it is gorgeous. We had about an hour and I bonded with some friends. We went and had texmex in the mall which was sooooooo amazing. Becca and I split the deluxe 57 (4 different enchiladas, a taco and rice and beans) and quac... And that quac was the best I have ever had.

Then we walked around the mall and I bonded with some more girls. We came back to hotel and watched Notre Dame get there butts handed to them (Billy I am so sorry :( fighting Irish need to step their game up!!!)

PS. The bus is soooooooooooooooooo luxurious! It is amazing! The seats are like a slice of heaven and its just really beautiful!

Over and out  ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment